Sunday 10 June 2018

kueh kuehs!

It isn't every day that I have pretty, delish small bites of such likes for lunch, but today I happened to find myself in the centre of Downtown, where, not being familiar with the dining places and needing to rush for a meeting right after, I simply settled for whatever caught my eyes first.
 
 
I'm visual, yes, and I could have poke bowls and salmon sashimi bowls and salads and sandwiches and chips- there were plenty of them everywhere- but all the places were packed and I had no where to tapao them away to.
 
Of course, I could have had curry chicken with rice from the very same place where I bought these lovely, pretty kueh kuehs, but the thought of so full a curry dish consumed right before a meeting didn't seem to whet my appetite, so I convinced myself that as petite and small as they might be, they would do, because they had glutinous rice, coconut, pandan, gula melaka, and kaya, they were convenient, fun to peel apart, and they were main meal and dessert all rolled into one. 
 
And as long as they made my lunchtime happy.... :D