Friday 30 June 2017

a Christmas season

I love Christmas trees. I adore them.
 
And year on year on year it's become a trend of sorts for me that wherever I be, I go around taking pictures of Christmas trees. It can be anywhere. It can be in a home. It can be in a mall. It can be in a hotel lobby. It can be outdoors. It can be small. It can be big. The size doesn't matter. The decor doesn't matter. It is the beauty of the tree that charms me. It can be whimsical. It can be natural with the scent of pine. It can have Santa Clauses on it, or little presents or little fruits or little ribbons or turtledoves or any sort of decoration that makes a tree a tree.  
 
Christmas this year was urban-tropical.
 
Meaning that it was celebrated in the sunny island of Singapore with her fluffy white clouds and blue skies and warm, warm weather... and the annual visit to the lobbies in the Bay area. :) I make my rounds as and when I can, and it often starts from The Fullerton Hotel (because it just looks so grand) to the Ritz Carlton (because they've got this really tall tree and lots of lights) to the Mandarin Oriental (because they like to do this really dark glam style)
 
Conrad Centennial

Ritz-Carlton Millenia

Mandarin Oriental
Because I love Lights
 
One of the Fullerton trees
 
Pillars and Little Lights
Of course, there's Orchard. You got to go to Orchard when it's Christmas time and just dive deep into the atmosphere. It doesn't matter what faith you are. It doesn't matter whether you believe God exists or not. It's just heartwarming and delightful and there're families and friends posing around the beautifully lit road, and in Ngee Ann City and Paragon, and there're a couple of hotels all along the stretch.
 
I missed out on the hotels over on Orchard this time, but I got one outside Paragon. 

Reindeer!

I have my personal style of celebration for Christmas. If there're big parties, I'm happy. If there're small parties, I'm happy. If there're no parties, I'm just as happy.

Because whilst I like my mince pies and apple pies and smoked salmon and oysters and chocolate log cakes and lamb and beef and gingerbread cookies and port and sherry and wine and everything, I like the company even more, and when the company whips up a Christmas meal of steak seasoned with sea salt with cherry tomatoes and what passes for scrambled eggs but is really a chunky cheese sauce, a blessing it is for me.

Sea Salt Seasoned Steak