Wednesday 7 January 2015

a cup of Frozen Yogurt

I've made my first dessert round at The Line's lunch buffet and on my little plate I've had a slice of Earl Grey-infused cake, a slice of durian mousse cake, a slice of rich chocolate cake and a couple of profiteroles doused under a running chocolate fountain.

But I'm not done with dessert yet.

I'm standing in front of a frozen yogurt dispensing machine with a paper cup in hand, waiting impatiently for the fella in front of me to hurry up and go away.

I wonder how many twirls I can do before I lose balance of my cup. :)

It's not new; frozen yogurt. It's been there for a long time, but just like ice cream, it's one dessert that's impossible to grow tired of. 

It's a dessert that's there when you don't want ice cream or cake or a whole bar of chocolate. It's a dessert for the days when it's been much of a downer and you want to perk yourself up. It's a dessert for the days when you want to really, really, really stuff your face with a whole tub of hazelnut ice-cream but... can't.

Maybe it's the fact that the palate's all tart and sweet and sour at the same time. Maybe it's the fact that there's this part that melts into refreshing juice when you place the froyo on your tongue. Or maybe it's so versatile that you can place as many toppings as you want- fresh fruits, nuts, chocolate chips, smarties, cookies, oreo bits, wafers, meringues even, and sauces like caramel, chocolate and strawberry.  
 
This trend of froyo has caught on for a while now. There're new outlets and new brands popping up in our malls. At one time there was just Yami Yogurt with her plain, peach and macadamia nut flavors. Then one day there was Red Mango and Yoguru and now there's Llao Llao, which is like the hottest thing in town. They've opened quite a few outlets here and there and to date, there's a long, long queue at nearly every outlet. It's not hard to detect whether there's an outlet in the mall or not. Just look out for the people walking around with plastic cups and tall, green spoons reminiscent of the aloe vera leaf. 

I'm a lazy queue-r so I've gone to Yami Yogurt most of the time. I take the plain, and then I put toppings of chocolate chips and sunflower seeds that make me feel healthier but like a birdie nonetheless.  

This afternoon I had mine plain with zero toppings. Two cups, two twirls that I ate dine-in, and one that I sneaked out for the road.

Because I felt like it. :)



froyo shaped like a... um... ear

soft... and soothe...